University of CanterburyBronze member in categories Researcher / education
College of Engineering
The Master of Engineering Studies in Renewable Energy MEngSt (Renewable Energy) is a one year, course-based masters aimed at graduates from a wide range of engineering backgrounds.
Wood Technology Research Centre
The Wood Technology Research Centre was fully established at the end of 1996 as a means of information exchange among staff engaged in wood-related research, to facilitate the shared use of research facilities, enhance research programmes and to promote technology transfer to end users. Key Research Programme - Biomass to Syngas and Liquid Fuels (BTSL) - A research and development programme led by Professor Shusheng Pang, Chemical and Process Engineering (CAPE), University of Canterbury (UoC), and funded by industry and the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) from 2008 to 2015. The programme consists of 5 tasks:
- Biomass gasification and co-gasification of biomass and coal
- Development of gas cleaning technologies
- Biomass pyrolysis and gasification of pyrolysis bio-oil/char slurry
- Fischer-Tropsch synthesis for liquid fuels
- New biomass resources and feasibility study of the system from biomass to liquid fuels.
For more details on research and partners go to http://www.woodtech.canterbury.ac.nz/about.shtml.
Contact: Shusheng Pang
By email: email@example.com
Research and education