Travelling workshop - Showcasing medium scale wood fueled heat plant in Otago
A showcase of nine innovative medium scale wood fuelled heat plant and wood fuel supply in Otago.
Otago now has a reliable wood fuel supply with four accredited wood fuel suppliers and a range of heat plant applications in schools, rest-homes, institutions and accommodation facilities.
This event is for those interested in understanding modern wood fuelled heat plant and investing in wood energy facilities throughout New Zealand and Australia. It will provide an opportunity to see the heat plant in action and to hear from the owners, operators and equipment suppliers. There will be a particular emphasis on fuel handling.
This is a hands-on event where you see and touch the plant.
This is a travelling workshop. The site visits will be wrapped in travelling presentations and discussions. As we travel speakers will provide information on each site we are to visit and on the specific equipment and aspects of the application. These small groups will assist discussion between attendees and your ability to question speakers. (The number of attendees at the workshop is limited to one bus).
The focus of this event will be to:
- Demonstrate nine modern heat plant facilities and their fuel handling methods
- Visit a wood fuel supplier demonstrating how to meet contract specifications
- Update attendees on the equipment being used
- Hear from owners why they chose wood energy
- Provide the latest information for heat plant owners on the Bioenergy Association’s Wood Energy Quality Programme.
- Provide opportunities for heat plant owners, investors, wood fuel suppliers and equipment suppliers to share ideas.
A specific focus of the workshop will be the wood fuel supply at each facility. Owners and fuel suppliers will discuss the importance of having a reliable and consistent supply of contracted specification fuel.