Bioenergy Association is committed to reducing its own carbon footprint and to avoid travel related emissions undertakes most meetings by video conferencing.
The Board represents the interests of all members and focuses on the Bioenergy Association governance. More information about the board and member’s voting rights can be found in the members area and the Constitution. The association's operational activities are developed and managed by its Interest Groups each of which has a Convener and Committee.
Board members are:
- Grant Smith - MitchellSmith Partnership (Chair)
- Paul Bennett - Scion
- Grant Dunford - Negawatt Resources
- Darren Gilchrist - Oji Fibre Solutions
- Jonathan McKeown - Azwood Energy
- Tony Oosten - Fonterra Co-operative Group
- Sachin Ekbote - BecaAmec
Interest Groups: The Interest Groups are the operational arm of the association and are responsible for - our work programmes; advocacy; developing and managing research projects; overseeing professional development and best practice guides; hosting workshop and conference, and ensuring that each topic area is achieving the opportunities out there. The current conveners are:
- Waste-to-Energy / Biogas - Alzbeta Bouskova (BPO Ltd)
- Wood energy - Rob Mallinson (Living Energy)
- Liquid biofuels & co-products - Simon Arnold (Blended Fuels NZ)
- Residential wood pellet heating - Andrew Wilson (EEnergy)
- Pacific bioenergy - Leigh Ramsey (Blended Fuels NZ)
Professional Standards and Complaints Committee: To avoid any conflicts of interest membership of the committee is established by the Board when the Committee is required to undertake an activity.
See a list of our members.