National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)
NIWA, the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, is a Crown Research Institute established in 1992. It operates as a stand-alone company with its own Board of Directors and Executive.
NIWA's mission is to conduct leading environmental science to enable the sustainable management of natural resources for New Zealand and the planet.
At NIWA we are committed to:
- Promoting creativity, innovation, and teamwork
- Ensuring our core science areas are appropriately staffed and supplied with sufficient equipment and resources to conduct leading-edge science and deliver innovative and unrivalled products and services
- Maintaining a culture which is adaptable and seeks opportunities
- Being recognised for our integrity, skill, and professionalism in conducting all aspects of the company’s business
- Attracting, retaining, and rewarding high quality staff
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Ensuring that all staff are treated in a fair and equitable manner and that their work and private lives are balanced
- Taking social responsibility and valuing our environment
- Encouraging stakeholder participation in setting our research and business strategies
- Working collaboratively with other organisations and people to form partnerships that add value to our research, intellectual property, and products and services
- Honouring the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Contact: Rupert Craggs / Stephan Heubeck
By email: email@example.com