Biomass residue listing
The following have biomass available which could be processed into wood fuel:
|Company||Types of biomass||Location|
|Canterbury Woodchip Supplies||Wood chip||Canterbury member|
|CID Resource Recovery||Urban wood fuel||Auckland member|
|City Firewood||Hog fuel
|Bay of Plenty, Waikato, South Auckland member & Fuel supplier|
|Otago Pellet Fires||Wood pellets||Otago member|
Some of these suppliers have wood fuel retailers nationwide - please check their website or the Bioenergy Facilities Directory category 'fuel supplier' to find their location.
Biomass can be sourced from a wide range of sources.
- Searching for wood fuel supply
- Wood fuel availability in NZ
- Sustainability of biomass fuels
Converting biomass into fuel
Biomass sourced from forest harvesting or wood processing is often not suitable for direct use as a fuel and requires pretreatment.
- Producing quality wood fuel
- Wood fuel production technology
- Cost of producing and delivering wood fuel
- Woody biomass fuel drying for forced drying options
- Making cardboard into pellets
- Fibre pile management best practices
- Wood fuel quality assurance