Submission: Low emissions economy report
Submissions from the Bioenergy Association to the Productivity Commission
Response to draft Low-emissions economy report
This submission is complementary to the individual submissions from members which provide more detail on specific aspects of the draft report
Consultation Low-emissions economy inquiry
2 October 2017
There are five main themes to this submission:
- Waste to energy remains the low cost hanging fruit and could be developed from just minimisation to also include utilisation by reducing structural barriers and from assistance of transitioning incentives.
- Government can make substantial emissions reductions through coal fired boiler replacements in institutional buildings. Local Govt. can also make a substantial contribution through waste utilisation.
- Wood fuel supply chain needs to be built up by incentives for the smaller boiler market.
- Bioenergy policies need to be integrated with other sector strategies that encourage change in land use and reward communities.
- Biofuels provide potential options to deal with some of our more intractable emissions, particularly heavy duty cycle transport emissions (both domestic and international). Investment in understanding and scoping these options needs to be occurring now ahead of them becoming clear commercial opportunities.
This section of the website is restricted to financial members of the Bioenergy Association. To enter it, please enter your username and password in the boxes below. If you would like the system to store this information on your computer for future sessions then tick the 'Remember Me' box (and don't use log out).