Thermal Pre-treatment of Biomass for Large-scale Applications
Summary and Conclusions from the IEA Bioenergy ExCo66 Workshop, held on 12 October 2010.
This publication provides the summary and conclusions from ‘Thermal Pre-treatment of Biomass for Large-scale Applications’ held in conjunction with the meeting of the Executive Committee of IEA Bioenergy in York, United Kingdom.
The event organised in York discussed technical opportunities and the current state of development. In his welcome speech the Chairman of IEA Bioenergy, Josef Spitzer, identified five key questions that the workshop was expected to answer:
- Which technologies for thermal treatment have a proven extended operation time at a technical-scale?
- Which of the many design options currently in pilot scale will make it to industrial application in pyrolysis, gasification or torrefaction?
- Are there significant barriers holding back market introduction and deployment (costs, logistics, other)?
- Are there major differences in thermal treatment sustainability?
- What additional input is needed by IEA Bioenergy to stimulate market introduction
Please log in to view it:
This section of the website is restricted to financial members of the Bioenergy Association. To enter it, please enter your username and password in the boxes below. If you would like the system to store this information on your computer for future sessions then tick the 'Remember Me' box (and don't use log out).