Wshop061123: Growing the NZ wood pellet market
Workshop held 23-24 November 2006, in Rotorua.
- Forest Industry Development Agenda (FIDA)
- Natures Flame
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA)
Speakers and presentations:
- Wood pellet market development and market strategies, Alan Murphy, Sherwood Industries, Canada
- Overview of NZ pellets market, production, sales, opportunities and participants, Duncan Mackenzie, Natures Flame New Zealand
- The Christchurch Experience, Roger Cudmore, Kingett Mitchell
- Central heating, a new market for wood pellets?, Lyall Smith, Central Heating NZ
- Case study – Rotorua study, Per Nielsen, Scion
- Commercial pellet applications, George Estcourt, Scion
- UK vs NZ experiences, policy, regulatory measures, lessons learnt, John Walker, Independent energy consultant
- Announcement on the FIDA Bioenergy Knowledge Centre, Jeanette Fitzsimons, Government Spokesperson on Energy Efficiency, Graham Hall, Chair, Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust,
- Legislation to Warm and Healthy Homes, Suriya Mues, Ministry for the Environment
- Sensible Central Heating – utilizing pellet/multi fuel boilers and solar with hydronic heating systems, Matt Cookson, Sensible Heat
- Establishment of a BANZ Wood Pellets Interest Group, Brian Cox, Executive Officer, Bioenergy Association
Click on the following link to view presentations from the workshopSorry! This document can only be viewed by Bioenergy Association members.
Please log in to view it:
This section of the website is restricted to financial members of the Bioenergy Association. To enter it, please enter your username and password in the boxes below. If you would like the system to store this information on your computer for future sessions then tick the 'Remember Me' box (and don't use log out).