Wshop160927: Heat Plant Forum 2016
held at Chateau on the Park, Christchurch on 27 September 2016. This forum is an annual Bioenergy Association event and is held so that plant owners and operators have a place to come together and learn from each other.
The forum was well attended by heat plant owners, operators and maintainers and was a forum for them to meet each other and to share experiences – good and bad. By hearing what other owners and operators have done to ensure appropriate fuel and optimise plant helped attendees learn of best practices to improve their own plant performance.
The forum was structured around the challenges of fuel, air emissions, converting coal plant to use wood fuel and plant optimisation. This was achieved by talking with relevant experts and discussing their own operating problems through facilitated group discussion.
- Five things that I have learnt about operating wood fuelled heat plant, by Trevor Gerken of Pioneer Energy
- Red Stag Timber: Waipa Mill, Shane Batchelor of Red Stag Timber
- Overview of the wood energy supply market, Brian Cox of Executive Officer, Bioenergy Association
- Woodchip: The Brad Coleman experience, Brad Coleman of Canterbury Woodchip Supplies
- Some pitfalls for coal: Biomass conversions, Lindsay Robertson of Tech-Vantage
- Coal boilers modified for biomass in Southland, Lloyd McGinty of Venture Southland
- Why we should be concerned about changes to air quality standards, Brian Anderson of Bryn Martin Ltd
- Addressing air emissions issues, Roger Steven Cudmore of Golder Associates
- Process heat opportunities, Richard Briggs, Dinesh Chand, Michael Henry of Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority (EECA)
- Biomass fuel quality and boiler operation, Desmond Gong of Tailored Energy Solutions
- Making changes to boiler plant, James Malthus of RCR Energy New Zealand
Click on the following link to view presentations from the workshopSorry! This document can only be viewed by Bioenergy Association members.
Please log in to view it: