Windsor Energy (formerly RCR Energy) has been responsible for designing, manufacturing and installing more biomass boiler capacity in New Zealand than any other company.
Windsor Energy is the leading New Zealand EPC contractor specialising in biomass and other sustainable fuel sources. They partner with some of the best-known global names in biomass combustion technology to offer a variety of biomass systems ranging from small light industrial units to the largest biomass process heat plants in Australasia.
Windsor are unique in New Zealand in being technology agnostic. They have assessed and accessed the best technology available from different providers for different bioenergy applications and can therefore recommend whatever is most appropriate for a client’s requirements rather than being limited to one solution. This flexibility extends to grate technology for burning the range of moisture content fuels and waste products that typically make up NZ requirements, a diverse range of fuel handling solutions for different materials, budgets and locations and comprehensive emission control solutions.
Windsor Energy biomass boiler projects have been successfully delivered across the globe including NZ, Australia, South America and the UK. Windsor are as comfortable delivering large, bespoke turnkey projects (up to 80MW) as they are supplying small, containerised biomass solutions (>180kW) for schools and small industrial applications.
Windsor are specialists in all areas of biomass use, from fuel handling, combustion, dust and emissions control, ash management, existing boiler conversions and combustion tuning. Windsor has a full in-house engineering resource as well as an extensive aftermarket Service and Maintenance capability throughout New Zealand.
Specific products and services related to the bioenergy sector include:
- Biomass energy plant, design, build and commissioning at all sizes (180kW – 80MW).
- Emission control for biomass heat plants. Various emission reduction technologies available including optimized cyclones, dust collectors, wet scrubbers and wet or dry electrostatic precipitators.
- Conversion of existing coal plant to biomass.
- Consultancy and FEED studies.
- Biomass boiler tuning and optimisation.
- Biomass and pulverized pellet fired, indirect air-heaters.
- Waste derived fuel projects.
- Servicing. Nationwide servicing and support for our customers from qualified technicians.
- Biomass fuel handling. Options available for storage, handling and transfer of biomass fuels.
- Drying. World leaders in the drying of sawn softwood timber and biomass fuels
- Biogas flares. Leading NZ supplier of landfill and digester biogas flares. Various designs and capabilities available.
Links to capabilities and other information about the company
- Windsor energy division capability presentation, 2021
Contact: Graham Jolly
By email: Graham.Jolly@windsor.co.nz
By phone: +64 6 8995077 | +64 21 543703
Design, build, installation, commissioning and servicing of innovative solutions for biomass heat and energy plant at any scale