Use the links below to go to each of the following headings on this page and access resources relating to Climate Change
- It is now time to act - The Productivity Commision has set out in a very clear manner the main opportunity areas for taking action to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050. We now need to act on these and many are low cost and easy to achieve...
- Government now needs to focus on implementing its Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy - The Bioenergy Association says it’s pleased the Government’s refresh of the New Zealand Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy (NZEECS) focuses on the heat and transport opportunities available across New Zealand as implementing these will go a long way to assisting achievement of the climate change targets. (27 June 2017)
- Coordination of effect could speed up addressing climate change and increase wealth (12 June 2017)
- Government ignores opportunities to avoid squandering $14billion (24 May 2017)
- High level report ignores low hanging fruit to achieve GHG emissions reduction (22 March 2017)
- Govt needs to walk the talk with regard to climate change mitigation (8 June 2016)
- Renewable and energy efficiency associations say "Yes we can!" (May 2016)
- NZ should be following US lead to reduce carbon dioxide targets (August 2015)
- Collaborative action to achieve the GHG emission reduction targets (February 2017)
- Transition to a low-carbon economy for NZ, (a report by The Royal Society of NZ, April 2016)
- Low carbon capital plan, (Wellington City Council, March 2016)
- The role of bioenergy in European cities, (World Bioenergy Association)
- Consultation - low emissions economy inquiry, Productivity Commission submission, 2 Oct 2017
- Other submissions available here
This section of the website is restricted to financial members of the Bioenergy Association. To enter it, please enter your username and password in the boxes below. If you would like the system to store this information on your computer for future sessions then tick the 'Remember Me' box (and don't use log out).