The carbon neutrality of biomass from forests
This fact sheet explains the role of biomass from forests in the global carbon cycle. WBA sees an urgent need for this clarification on this issue after having analyzed the different opinions being discussed.
This paper does not deal with emissions along the supply chain from the forest to the final consumer.
Related documents of interest
- Wood fuel in New Zealand is produced from carbon neutral biomass from plantation forests
- Campaings questioning the use of woody biomass for energy are missing key facts
- Is energy from woody biomass positive for the climate?
- The use of forest biomass for climate change mitigation dispelling some misconceptions
- The use of woody biomass for energy production in the EU
This section of the website is restricted to financial members of the Bioenergy Association. To enter it, please enter your username and password in the boxes below. If you would like the system to store this information on your computer for future sessions then tick the 'Remember Me' box (and don't use log out).