Wshop140814: Extraction of value from industrial and municipal waste
…a showcase of innovative technologies for application in New Zealand, Australia and internationally, followed by field trip.
- Renewable fuels and chemicals from waste - the case of Enerkem,
presented by keynote speaker Marie-Helene Labrie, Enerkem, Canada - (access Marie-Helene's video recording)
- How the Low Carbon Auckland Plan will open opportunities for business, environmental outcomes and a more liveable city,
presented by Robert Perry, Auckland Council
- Development of sustainable waste management in Borås Sweden,
presented by Linda Eliasson, Borås Energi och Miljö AB, Sweden - (accesss Linda's audio recording)
- Co-digestion and its potential application in New Zealand,
presented by Caroline Crosby & Rob Fullerton, CH2M Beca
- Four showcase industrial applications in Australia,
presented by Alzbeta Bouskova, ADI Asia Pacific
- What we have learnt from three decades of working with electricity production from biogas,
presented by Bob Weston, Entec
- The potential for further biogas plant to be added to municipal waste treatment facilities,
presented by Jurgen Thiele, Spiire
- Water care and energy generation,
presented by Jonathan Piggot, Auckland Watercare
- Biocells offer a new technology option for disposal of source-separated organic wastes,
presented by Mark Milke, University of Canterbury
- Co-benefit biogas: Synergistic technologies enabling biogas use at smaller wastewater treatment plants,
presented by Stephan Heubeck, Jason Park and Rupert Craggs, NIWA
- What to consider when making an investment decision,
presented by Andrew Carvell, Whangarei Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Case study 1- How can Christchurch make the economics stack up,
presented by Yvonne Gilmore , Christchurch City Council
- Case study 2 – Palmerston North,
presented by Phil Burt, Palmerston North City Council
- Biogas Conditioning System Design,
presented by Jim Groman, Varec, Cypress, California, USA
- Who's Who of attendees at the Biogas event.
Click on the following link to view presentations from the workshopSorry! This document can only be viewed by Bioenergy Association members.
Please log in to view it: