IEA Bioenergy technical reports and newsletters
Scroll down to find IEA Bioenergy Technical reports
IEA Technology Roadmap
IEA Bioenergy Task 32 : Biomass Combustion and Co-firing
- Options for increased use of ash from biomass combustion and co-firing - This IEA Bioenergy Task 32 report provides an overview on present practices in ash management from biomass (co)combustion, based on country reports for experiences in different member countries of Task 32.
- Bioenergy for heat - the hot cases - This reports on fifteen case studies that show real life examples of modern and sustainable heating as well as co-generation of green power through biomass firing.
- Best practice report on decentralised biomass fired CHP plants and status of biomass fired small and micro-scale CHP technologies - Best practice report on decentralized biomass fired CHP plants and status of biomass fired small and micro-scale CHP technologies - In this report the most relevant technologies, including steam engines, ORC applications, Stirling engines and thermoelectric generators, the most important technical parameters and operational results, and experiences and boundary conditions for application are described and presented in fact sheets.
- The future role of thermal biomass power in renewable energy systems - The future role of Thermal Biomass Power in renewable energy systems - a study of Germany. In this analysis, development of the European power system is projected highlighting a thermal-dominated area, exemplified by Germany. The role of biomass technologies towards 2040 is analysed in two scenarios using a mathematical model of power and heat systems reproducing the day-ahead market dispatch and future development of the generation fleet.
- Aerosols from biomass combustion (full report) by Thomas Nussbaumer
- Aerosols from biomass combustion (summary report) by Thomas Nussbaumer
- Options for high percentage biomass confiring in new power plants, European Biomass Conference, Hamburg, Germany workshop
IEA Bioenergy Task 33 - Gasification of Biomass and Waste
IEA Bioenergy Task 36 : Integrating Energy Recovery into Solid Waste Management Systems
- Waste incineration for the future - scenario analysis and action plants - This report presents narratives of two different configurations of a future circular economy in Sweden, and the journey that led there.
- Integrating energy recovery into solid waste management systems
- Small scale energy from waste (2015)
IEA Bioenergy Task 37 : Energy from Biogas
- Country Report Summaries 2019
- Icknield farm biogas - an integrated farm enterprise, August 2018
- The role of anaerobic digestion and biogas in the circular economy
- Green Gas - facilitating a future green gas grid through the production of renewable gas (2018)
- Intergrated Biogas Systems - Local applications of anaerobic digestion towards integrated sustainable solutions
- View events and biogas publications
- Energy from Biogas
Access list of Task 37 technical reports here
IEA Bioenergy Task 38 : Climate Change Effects of Biomass and Bioenergy Systems
IEA Bioenergy Task 39 : Commercialising conventional and advanced biofuels from biomass and other renewable feedstocks
- Newsletter Issue #51
- Newsletter Issue #49
- Read the From 1st to 2nd generation biofuel technologies report
- New Zealand activities in Task 39
IEA Bioenergy Task 40 : Sustainable biomass markets and international bioenergy trade to support the biobased economy
- Global wood pellet industry and trade study 2017, (June 2017)
- Low cost, long distance biomass supply chains (August 2013)
- World bio-trade equity study (April 2010)
IEA Bioenergy Task 42 : Biorefining in a Circular Economy
IEA Bioenergy Task 43 : Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Markets
- Stump harvesting - Impact on climate and environment, (April 2017)