Wshop140509: Successful installation and operation of wood fuelled heat plant
Click on links to view and download presentations from the event:
- International examples of installing and operating wood fuelled district heating schemes, presented by Vaughan Furniss, COFELY Australia Pty
- How to establish if there is enough wood resource to meet my heat plant fuel needs?, presented by Peter Hall, Scion
- Experience in sourcing wood fuel in the Otago and Canterbury regions, presented by Grant Smith, Pioneer Energy
- Keeping the customer happy – integrating equipment and fuel supply in Otago, presented by Eduard Ebbinge, Spark Energy
- How to minimise fuel cost – a wood fuel supplier’s perspective, presented by Brad Coleman, Canterbury Wood Fuel Supplies
- Tools to ensure the appropriate quality and availability of wood fuel to manage risks?, presented by John Gifford, Bioenergy Association (BANZ)
- A business case for investment in new wood fuelled heat plant, presented by Mike Suggate, East Harbour Energy
- What we have learnt from a decade of working with heat plant owners, presented by Peter Kernohan, Natures Flame
- The tradeoff between capital and operating expenditure - matching your fuel to the heat plant, presented by Christian, Jirkowsky, Polytechnik Biomass Energy Ltd.
- Case Study 1: Why we are pleased we installed wood fuelled plant, presented by Ian Kempthorne, K & L Nurseries, Christchurch
- What to consider when choosing your heat plant (criteria for selecting a plant), presented by Rob Mallinson, Living Energy
- Case Study 2: Why wood fuel when surrounded by coal, presented by Peter Thompson, Splash Palace, Invercargill City Council
- Scalability and applicability of industrial scale heat plant, presented by Hamish McBeth, RCR Energy
- Who's who of attendees at the event
Sorry! This document can only be viewed by Bioenergy Association members.
Please log in to view it:
This section of the website is restricted to financial members of the Bioenergy Association. To enter it, please enter your username and password in the boxes below. If you would like the system to store this information on your computer for future sessions then tick the 'Remember Me' box (and don't use log out).